There will be two Latin Masses offered on Wednesday, December 8th for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, 4:00 pm Low Mass & 7:15pm Sung Mass. Join us after the 7:15 Mass for a burger & potluck meal.
Join us at 6:15 am Saturday, December 4th at Saint Mary Cathedral for a beautiful Advent tradition of the Rorate Caeli Mass in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary. This will be a Sung Mass and the entire Cathedral will be lit only by candlelight.
“Rorate, caeli, desuper, et nubes pluant justum, aperiatur terra, et germinet Salvatorem.”
“Drop down dew, ye heavens, from above, and let the clouds rain the just: let the earth be opened and bud forth a Saviour.”
Advent & Christmas Schedule of Traditional Latin Masses at Saint Mary Cathedral:
- Friday, December 3, 9:30 am Low Mass –– First Friday of the month.
- Saturday, December 4, 6:15 am Rorate Caeli Candlelight Sung Mass in Honor of The Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Sunday, December 5, 7:30 am Low Mass and 3:30 pm Sung Mass –– Second Sunday of Advent.
- Wednesday, December 8, 4:00pm & 7:15 pm Sung Mass –– Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Sunday, December 12, 7:30 am Low Mass and 3:30 pm Sung Mass –– Third Sunday of Advent Gaudete Sunday (Rose vestments).
- Sunday, December 19, 7:30 am Low Mass and 3:30 pm Sung Mass –– Fourth Sunday of Advent.
- Saturday, December 25, 7:30 am Low Mass and 3:30 pm Sung Mass –– Nativity of Our Lord.
- Sunday, December 26, 7:30 am Low Mass and 3:30 pm Sung Mass –– Sunday within the Octave of the Nativity.
- Saturday, January 1, 2022, 7:30 am Low Mass and 3:30 pm Sung Mass –– Octave Day of the Nativity of Our Lord.
- Sunday, January 2, 7:30 am Low Mass and 3:30 pm Sung Mass –– Holy Name of Jesus.
Please consider signing up for Flocknote to receive updates from the Cathedral priests.
Also, please visit and like our Facebook Page: @StJosephLatinMassSociety
August 8, 2021 Mrs. Joan Pearsall will celebrate her 99th birthday.
She is dear to many at Saint Mary Cathedral. Our Latin Mass Community has her to thank for writing a letter to the bishop requesting the Traditional Latin Mass, back in the late 1980’s.
Here is the link to the original response letter Joan received in 1988 from Bishop John McCarthy, authorizing the celebration of the TLM in the Diocese of Austin, Texas.
Joan was interviewed several years ago for a Catholic podcast. Here is a link to the podcast: “1940s WWII British Girl –– The Blitz on London, Swing Dancing and the New World”.
In 2018, generous donors from the St. Joseph Latin Mass Society honored Joan Pearsall by commissioning a new set of green vestments for the priests of Saint Mary Cathedral. Vestments arrived a year later, 2019.
Today’s Collect for the Feast of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary:
O God, whose only-begotten Son, by his life, death and resurrection, hath purchased for us the rewards of eternal salvation; grant, we beseech thee, that meditating upon these mysteries in the most holy Rosary of the blessed Virgin Mary, we may both imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise. Through the same Lord.
Easter Wednesday TLM was LIVE Streamed from Saint Mary Cathedral Facebook page. Click Here for the replay.
During this time of COVID 19, while we were not able to gather, Easter Sunday Mass was LIVE Streamed from Saint Mary Cathedral Facebook page. Click Here for the replay.
Stay connected & sign up to receive Flocknotes from Saint Mary Cathedral.
A Traditional Latin Mass will be offered on Ash Wednesday, February 26th, at 7:00 in the evening at Saint Mary Cathedral.
• Thursday, November 28th, Thanksgiving Day, there will be an 8:30 a.m. Traditional Latin Mass, at Saint Mary Cathedral in Downtown Austin, Texas. • Friday, November 29 TLM at 8:30 a.m., at Saint Mary Cathedral in Downtown Austin, Texas. Read more →