Photo of Joan Pearsall courtesy of JoesPeople.com
There will be cake & refreshments in the Bishops Hall after the 3:30 pm Mass this Sunday, August 12th. Please help us celebrate Mrs. Joan Pearsall’s 96th birthday (her actual date of birth is August 8).
Last year, we asked Joan to write the history of How the Latin Mass started in the Austin Diocese. Here is the result, which includes her conversion story: Joan Pearsall’s History of SJLMS.
Joan was interviewed few years ago for a Catholic podcast. Here is a link to the podcast: “1940s WWII British Girl –– The Blitz on London, Swing Dancing and the New World”.
• Friday, August 3, 9:30 am — *Ordinary Form Mass — First Friday of the Month — Mass followed by Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament.
• Sunday, August 5, 3:30 pm — *Ordinary Form Mass — Eleventh
Sunday after Pentecost.
• Sunday, August 12, 3:30 pm — High Mass — Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost. Reception in Bishops Hall after Mass. All are welcome.
• Wednesday, August 15, 7:00 pm — High Mass — The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
• Sunday, August 19, 3:30 pm — High Mass — Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost. Blessing of religious items after Mass.
• Sunday, August 26, 3:30 pm — High Mass — Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost.
*Please note: This is temporary, due to vacation schedule & our newly assigned priest is still learning the EF.
Be social, “Like” us on Facebook: St Joseph Latin Mass Society.
While the choir is on hiatus for the Summer, there will be a Low Mass for the following Sundays at 3:30 p.m. (our usual Mass time):
Rubrics for Low Mass
STAND: When the priest enters sanctuary.
KNEEL: Prayers at the foot of the altar.
SIT: Epistle, Gradual, Alleluia / Tract.
SIT: Announcements and sermon.
STAND: Credo, genuflect at “Et incarnatus est …”
SIT: After the Oremus before the Offertory antiphon (bells are rung once).
KNEEL: Sanctus (bells are rung three times).
SIT: After Communion as priest begins ablutions (purification of chalice).
KNEEL: Last Blessing, make the Sign of the Cross as the priest blesses the congregation.
STAND: Last Gospel, genuflect at “Et verbum caro factum est …”
KNEEL: For prayers after Mass.
STAND: Until priest exits the sanctuary.
Newly ordained Fr. Stephen Braun, FSSP will celebrate a Solemn Mass on Sunday, June 17th at 3:30 PM at Saint Mary Cathedral.
Following Mass, please join us in the Bishops Hall for Texas BBQ & refreshments. All are welcome.
Fr. Stephen Braun, FSSP (Photo from Regina Caeli Parish, Houston, Texas)